The Board’s Family and Community Engagement Committee met on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 @ 5 p.m.
- The meeting started with a presentation from Ms. Mariam Nasiry and Ms. Rogers from the California Credit Union who presented an Introduction to Banking Basics and briefly t on financial literacy. They shared all the resources they offer to students and families and the willingness to continue to offer and expand these services through partnerships with LAUSD.
- District staff presented on School Planning & Budget Development for 2023-2024. The presentation provided an overview of the budget development process, school training dates, school site funds, and how families can engage in the process.
- The school budget system opens on February 14, 2023.
- In general, schools receive allocations based on projected (ECAST) or actual (Norm Day) enrollment and other school characteristics such as school type, norm category, affiliated status etc.
- School Site Council is the designated body to approve use of funds through the School Plans for Student Achievement.
- Families can continue to engage in the process by visiting https://achieve.lausd.net/lcap and through the District-Wide Thought Exchange at https://tejoin.com/scroll/284035026
The next meeting of the Committee will be on Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 5 pm